Fennel bulbs have beautiful fronds that are often tossed in the trash. Don’t waste these tasty leaves! Once cut from the bulb the fronds will often stay fresh in the fridge for at least a week. This fast and easy recipe is a delicious accompaniment pairing perfectly with seafood, zoodles, and as a dip with sliced veggies.
Vegan Fennel Frond Pesto
This fast and easy recipe is a delicious accompaniment pairing perfectly with seafood, zoodles, and as a dip with sliced veggies.
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fronds from 1 fennel bulb
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add walnuts to food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, oil, garlic, and basil and blend until smooth.
- Add fennel fronds to the mixture in sections, until all fennel fronds are blended into a bright green pesto.
- Store in the fridge for 5 days or freeze up to a month.
- Serve as a dip, sauce, marinade or on a salad.